StatCounter

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

"The Fog of War and the Lies of Lunatics and Lutniks" by David Haggith

"The Fog of War and the Lies of Lunatics and Lutniks"
by David Haggith

Excerpt: "The naming of names: No sooner did I say it late yesterday than I read this morning, “Trump floats renaming Strait of Hormuz the ‘Trump Strait.’” So predictable. Trump, however, went one step more egotistical than I was thinking when I expressed my surprise that he hadn’t already named it “Strait America” to go with his new “Lake America” because that would sure show Iran who won!

I actually hope he does do something this egotistical and pointless because then he will be memorialized on maps and blamed for decades for turning Hormuz, the strait of formerly free international waters that is now claimed by Iran, into the strait that now charges massive tolls for Iran that the rest of us will pay for shipments to pass through, thanks entirely to him. That can be his legacy throughout the world for as long as the situation stands. He’ll have his name plastered all over this extraordinary war failure. So, let’s hope he lays claim to his biggest failure, which the whole world will despise for decades, since that is the likely outcome of this war.

“Now that we have it under U.S.A. control, should we change the name Hormuz Strait to TRUMP STRAIT???” Trump wrote in the post Wednesday morning. Practically begging for praise he could read in the replies as well as justification that would allow him to say his usual, “I don’t know, but many people are saying I should. They keep telling me, ‘Mr. President, since you freed up the strait, you should name it after yourself.’ Maybe I will. I don’t know. I’m thinking about it. We shall see.” And then the next day he does what he had already decided to do. “Like America itself, it would be ‘hotter’ than ever before! Thank you for your attention to this matter. President DONALD J. TRUMP,” he wrote.

Oh, it’s hotter than ever before! That’s for sure. Between my last editorial and this one, the war around the strait blew up like nobody’s business! That took about twelve hours. The final war video posted below does a great job of explaining how Iran’s strategy changed in exactly the manner I said it had the day Trump’s MoU was broken, transforming Iran from what had been a defensive war posture into a determined offensive posture that is no longer aimed at ending the war.

The analyst in the video explains how Iran has continually dialed up the damage to Trump and the US by teasing Trump into escalating this war of attrition, then using Trump’s escalations as justification for their own intensification because their goal, after receiving so much pain and damage and seeing so many “deals” go nowhere, was no longer to escape the pain but to do everything they could to make Trump feel as much pain as possible in order to drive the US out of the Persian Gulf forever. It explains how well they are succeeding in each movement toward that goal and why their moves are working and why Trump’s are not. Last night that all blew up into a huge regional conflagration that I’ll write about; but, for now, I’ll stay with subject of the moment:

Trump loves to give things new names to honor himself, even though they are often names that no one but he and his sycophants and billionaire buddies (when they are around him) will ever use: The order renaming Lake Ontario directed Interior Secretary Doug Burgum and his department to update the Geographic Names Information System with the new name. Canada rejected the change, though Google and Apple have recently updated their maps.

Figures. Google and Apple should have ignored him, but he controls them because the billionaire consortium/cartel/cabal/coven of witches and warlocks that operates this nation solely to the benefit of the 1% sucks up to him daily in order to get those big Mar-a-Lago invites where the big deals get made over “the best chocolate cake anywhere,” as well as to get advance notice on White House insider stock, bond, and oil trades based on shortly upcoming Trumpian war announcements.

It is no wonder a Gallup poll in the news today says a record number of Americans (89% or “more than ever before,” as Trump would exclaim) believes the US government is corrupt—that number having soared over the past year “like never before!”
Full article is here:

No comments:

Post a Comment