Full screen recommended.
Delta King's Blues,
"Stopped Caring What They Think.
Best Thing I Ever Did."
"There was a day - I don't remember exactly when - when I stopped caring what they thought. Not in a bitter way. Not in a dramatic way. It just... wore out. Like an old engine that ran too long on somebody else's fuel. For years I arranged my whole life around other people's opinions. Dressed a certain way. Said certain things. Avoided certain truths. Kept a careful account of what everybody thought of every choice I made. Then one morning I woke up and the account was empty. And I felt fine. "I Stopped Caring What They Think. Best Thing I Ever Did." is a Delta blues meditation on the quiet liberation of finally running out of concern for the wrong people's approval - and finding out that nothing much changed except how light you feel. The resonator guitar moves with the easy pace of a person who stopped running other people's race. The harmonica carries the exhale of someone who just set down something heavy - and isn't going back for it. The groove stays loose and almost satisfied - the blues of a burden finally dropped. This is the blues of the give-a-damn that finally gave out. Not anger. Not bitterness. Just done. And better for it."
No comments:
Post a Comment