"I had an experience...I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever...A vision of the universe that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how...rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater than ourselves, that we are not - that none of us - are alone! I wish I could share that. I wish, that everyone, if only for one moment, could feel that awe, and humility, and hope. But...that continues to be my wish."
- "Ellie Arroway", "Contact" by Carl Sagan
Freely download "Contact", by Carl Sagan, here:
o
"Contact: A Signal From Outer Space"
"Dr. Ellie Arroway (Jodie Foster) discovers a signal containing a sequence of prime numbers that appears to have originated from the star Vega. When her team confirms this, all agencies must be brought in. Oscar winners Jodie Foster and Matthew McConaughey star in this gripping story of a radio astronomer who receives the first extraterrestrial radio signal ever picked up on Earth. As the world powers scramble to decipher the message and decide upon a course of action, she vies to fulfill her dream of becoming the first human being to make contact with alien beings."

No comments:
Post a Comment