Tuesday, May 24, 2022

"Jeremy Grantham: Today’s Stock Market Bubble Is Worse Than 2000"

Full screen recommended.
The Atlantis Report, "Jeremy Grantham: 
Today’s Stock Market Bubble Is Worse Than 2000"
"Let The Wild Rumpus Begin:

Approaching the End of The First U.S. Bubble Extravaganza:

Housing, Equities, Bonds, and Commodities"


"In a bubble, no one wants to hear the bear case. It is the worst kind of party-pooping. For bubbles, especially superbubbles where we are now, are often the most exhilarating financial experiences of a lifetime. I participated in a wonderful micro-cap fireworks display from 1968 to 1969, in which I made a small fortune (7 times the then full cost of a year at business school). My main stock, American Raceways, tripled while I was on vacation – $7 to $21 – then went to $100 by Christmas, only to lose it all even quicker by the following June, as almost all the fireworks exploded and crashed. This taught me a lesson, and it helped make me cautious. The experience also makes it easy for me to sympathize with the view that bearish advice in bubbles always comes from old fogeys who “just don’t get it,” because I received that old fogey advice back then and just didn’t listen. I doubt speculators in the current bubble will listen to me now; but giving this advice is my job and possibly the right thing to do. So, once more unto the breach, dear friends.


Today in the U.S. we are in the fourth superbubble of the last hundred years. Previous equity superbubbles had a series of distinct features that individually are rare and collectively are unique to these events. In each case, these shared characteristics have already occurred in this cycle. The checklist for a superbubble running through its phases is now complete and the wild rumpus can begin at any time."

Freely download "Let The Wild Rumpus Begin", 
by Jeremy Grantham, here:

No comments:

Post a Comment