Sunday, October 3, 2021

Musical Interlude: Deuter, "Endless Horizon"

Deuter, "Endless Horizon"
Full screen recommended. Feel it...
"I cannot paint
What then I was. The sounding cataract
Haunted me like a passion: the tall rock,
The mountain, and the deep and gloomy wood,
Their colors and their forms, were then to me
An appetite; a feeling and a love,
That had no need of a remoter charm,
By thought supplied, not any interest
Unborrowed from the eye.

That time is past,
And all its aching joys are now no more,
And all its dizzy raptures. Not for this
Faint I, nor mourn nor murmur: other gifts
Have followed; for such loss, I would believe,
Abundant recompense. 

For I have learned
To look on nature, not as in the hour
Of thoughtless youth; but hearing oftentimes
The still, sad music of humanity,
Nor harsh nor grating, though of ample power
To chasten and subdue." 

- William Wordsworth,
"Lines Written A Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey"
“Some feelings sink so deep into the heart that 
only loneliness can help you find them again. 
Some truths are so painful that only shame can help you live with them. 
Some things are so sad that only your soul can do the crying for them.”
- Gregory David Roberts, "Shantaram" 

No comments:

Post a Comment