Sunday, December 3, 2023

"They’re the Living Dead"


"They’re the Living Dead"
by Glock-n-Load

"IMO, Van Halen wrote the best lyrics to go along with the video above."

"At night I walk this stinkin’ street past the crazys on my block
 and I see the same old faces and I hear that same old talk
 and I’m searching for the latest thing, a break in this routine, 
I’m talkin’ some new kicks, ones like you ain’t never seen.
This is home, well, this is Mean Street, it’s our home, the only one I know

And we don’t worry ’bout tomorrow ’cause we’re sick of these four walls.
Now what you think is nothin’ might be somethin’ after all.
Now you know this ain’t no through street, the end is dead ahead,
The poor folks play for keeps down here,
they’re the living dead.

Come on down, huh, down to Mean Street
They’re dancin’ now, Lord, out on Mean Street
Dance, baby.
It’s always here and now, my friend, it ain’t once upon a time, 
it’s all over, but the shouting, I come, I take what’s mine.
We’re searching for the latest thing, a break in this routine, 
talkin’ some new kicks ones like you ain’t never seen.
This is home, mmm, this is Mean Street, it’s our home, only one I know
See, a gun is real easy in this desperate part of town, 
turns you from hunted into hunter (yeah), you go an’ hunt somebody down,
 wait a minute, ah, somebody said fair warning,
 Lord, Lord, strike that poor boy down."
–Van Halen, "Mean Street"
Full screen recommended.
"Opioid Crisis Kensington Ave."
"This is a snapshot of the opioid crisis in America and shows what I have seen and felt. It was a roller coaster of emotions. Seeing people suffer pushed me beyond my own limits several times."
Comments here:
o
Hat tip to Glock-n-Load and the 
Burning Platform for this material.
o
Van Halen, "Mean Street"

No comments:

Post a Comment