Tuesday, October 18, 2022

"We're All Mad Here..."

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. 
"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll,
"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
Oh, I know, I know, some days...lol
"We work in the dark. We do what we can to battle the evil that would otherwise destroy us. But if a man's character is his fate, this fight is not a choice but a calling. Yet sometimes the weight of this burden causes us to falter, breaching the frazzled fortress of our mind, allowing the monsters without to turn within. We are left alone staring into the abyss; into the laughing face of madness."
- "Fox Mulder", "The X-Files"
Strange days indeed...
John Lennon, "Nobody Told Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment