Wednesday, April 24, 2024

"How It Really Is"

Read a book? That'll be the day!
"Nationwide, on average, 79% of U.S. adults are literate in 2023.
21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023.
54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level."

"The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't 
even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny 
doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling."
- Thomas Sowell

"Back when I taught at UCLA, I was constantly amazed at how little so many students knew. Finally, I could no longer restrain myself from asking a student the question that had long puzzled me: ''What were you doing for the last 12 years before you got here?''
- Thomas Sowell

"Five percent of the people think; 
ten percent of the people think they think; 
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think."
- Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment