Saturday, February 25, 2023

“For Those Who Have Died”

“For Those Who Have Died”
“Eleh Ezkerah” (“These We Remember”)

“Tis a fearful thing
To love
What death can touch.
To love, to hope, to dream,
And oh, to lose.
A thing for fools, this,
Love,
But a holy thing,
To love what death can touch.
For your life has lived in me;
Your laugh once lifted me;
Your word was a gift to me.
To remember this brings painful joy.
Tis a human thing, love,
A holy thing,
To love
What death can touch.”
- Chaim Stern
Graphic: “Into The Silent Land”,
by Henry Pegram, 1905

I lost someone I loved today, cancer took her away and there was nothing more they could do. I held her close as her breathing slowed, then stopped. She passed to a better world, and I cried pitifully in shock and disbelief, heartbroken, and will again as I grieve the loss of  someone so precious to me. I'll resume the blog as soon as I can, thanks for your understanding...
We shall meet again...
Full screen recommended,
Moody Blues, "The Day We Meet Again"

Until then...
Full screen recommended.
Moody Blues, "Candle of Life"

2 comments:

  1. No matter how much time we're given with our loved ones, it's never enough. My condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete