Monday, August 12, 2024

"How It Really Disgracefully Is"

 
41,000 homeless veterans in August, 2024

"Although national tracking of veteran suicide rates is unreliable at best, the VA 
estimates that 22 veterans commit suicide each day. This means approximately 
8,030 veterans kill themselves every year, more than 5,540 of whom are 50 or older."

o
Oh, but $150 BILLION For Ukraine...
And don't get me started on those Israeli monsters...

A Comment: On October 8,1968, I enlisted at 17 years old, with parental consent, into the United States Marine Corps, becoming an MOS 0311 Infantry Rifleman. I said these words..."I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." - Oath of Enlistment. We took that oath because we believed in America, believed that it was good and decent and honorable, with freedom, that it really was the best place for everyone from everywhere to live your life. I was lucky and made it back; many of my buddies didn't. This is not the country I and they swore allegiance to then. I look now and have no pride or hope anymore, only anger and disgust with the shameful disgrace we've allowed our country and ourselves to become, and am glad I'm 72 years old and don't have to watch this horror unfold for too long. God help the young people for the future we've given them. I'd never say that oath now. I'm ashamed to be an American... - CP

No comments:

Post a Comment