Thursday, February 25, 2021

"So, My Friends..."; "Ex Obscurum

I'm writing this from a room at the major hospital in this area, where several hours ago I underwent a cardiac catheterization to determine if a similar proceedure done 15 months ago to repair a crushed heart valve (from November 2013's massive heart arrack and quadruple bypass) was as successful. It was, totally. My apologies for the sudden disappearance on Monday, but circumstances provided little time to act, as Life often does to us. And we survive, or we don't. Long time readers know well that this blog was never, ever about me in any way, I never needed any emotional ego stroking and don't care if you like my dog or not, I merely tried always to provide the very best version of "truth" available, then share better-angels-of our-nature examples like poetry, music, quotes, encouraging stories, etc. 

Things have to change though. Doing this blog has always given me a much loved higher sense of purpose, and that will continue as we move along. Yes, the global economy's collapsing, true Hell on earth has arrived for millions, and all that will get it's fair share too, but less frantically, and my next birthday says 70, not 30, lol, and we don't need the stress, right? So let's just relax a little, and savor our time together here while we can, considering it's obvious there's not a damned thing we can about about any of it anyway. So, my friends, please, slow down, and don't take it so deadly seriously, ok? Don't take it all so seriously that the stress gives you a heart attack, OK? Only a fool would allow that, right?
- CP
"Ex Obscurum, Adagio for Strings, Op. 11"
From emotional turmoil, hatred, and addiction the miracle of recovery begins in this Spadecaller Video entitled "Ex Obscurum" (From Darkness). Featuring original poetry narrated by the author and visual artist, Matthew Schwartz. Composer Samuel Barber's powerful musical score, adopted for the movie "Platoon", (Adagio for Strings) sets the background for this spiritual exodus "From Darkness."

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I really enjoy all the wisdom and truth your blog provides. Peace. Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, Lauren, and best wishes for us all!
    Peace and happiness, always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew something was wrong when you weren't publishing as much as normal. I hope you will recover from this too. I am 3-4 years ahead of you in age so know what you are going through. I had a couple of cardiac adjustments to my heart as well. Life is tough but death is tougher. Take care.
    Tarron

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJ, a delight to "see" you as always, it seems we share certain experiences, no surprise, really. In my case ir was the sudden and previously unencountered Ventricular tachycardia, a heart rhythm disorder (arrhythmia) caused by abnormal electrical signals in the lower chambers of the heart (ventricles). This condition may also be called V-tach or VT. After another precautionary cardiac cath, with negative ill potential, the DR suggested a pacemaker, which we discussed fully. His position stems from a natural commitment to prevent harm and suffering. It came down to personal belief and perspective. No one, no one, can avoid their inevitable fate, and I won't live in a constant state of worry about what could happen, might happen, so we reached an understanding, to allow my Life to develop as it will while savoring the moments we do have, honoring the natural process, not fighting it desperately, which is my intent. Others of course must choose the path that seems best for themselves. He and I will cooperatively follow developments and make what adjustments seem necessary, and that for me is good enough. So, here I am once more, and will be for as long as possible, and will have no regrets... Take care, my friend, always!

    ReplyDelete