StatCounter

Monday, August 3, 2026

"I Don't Argue With Life Anymore"

Full screen recommended.
"I Don't Argue With Life Anymore"
"I used to argue with everything. The rain for coming when I didn't need it. The years for moving too fast. The losses for arriving without warning. The way things turned out instead of the way I planned. Life never once changed its mind. "I Don't Argue With Life Anymore" is a Delta blues meditation on the long education of acceptance - not resignation, not giving up, but the earned wisdom of a man who fought the river long enough to understand that the river doesn't notice, and found something better to do with the energy. The resonator guitar moves with the ease of water that stopped fighting its own banks still moving, just no longer against itself. The harmonica carries the breath of a man who argued himself hoarse for fifty years and finally chose quiet. The groove stays steady and unhurried, like life itself - present, unimpressed by complaint, carrying on regardless. This is the blues of dropping the argument. Not defeat. Not surrender. Just finally understanding who you've been fighting. I argued with life for forty years. Life didn't even notice. I was the only one getting tired."

No comments:

Post a Comment